Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dog Park

Our little Scram has quite a bit of energy and, even though they said that this breed can get used to living in an apartment, he still needs to get out and flex his muscles. The way that we try to expend his energy is to take him somewhere with property for him to run around on. This includes:

Dom's parents house

This is their front yard

and the dog park


Lately, I have been trying to take him to the dog park more often so he can be a happy puppy and he loves it. For his birthday he got a tennis ball launcher:


and he goes crazy for that thing. If you have a dog who likes to play fetch at all, get yourself one of these. You fling it so far with less effort and your dog gets worn out twice as fast. If you really want to wear out your dog though, take him to the park when it's super hot out and use the launcher. They're done after about half an hour for the rest of the night. I was playing with Scram the other day in the heat and he all of a sudden jetted out of sight to go lay under a tree for shade. :) I think that my little guy gets to the happy exhausted point though, because he may be panting but his tail is still wagging. :)

2 comments:

Debbie T said...

Candice, what kind of puppy do you have? I just got one this past Monday and she is exhausting me! LOL We live in the neighborhood right across from Bear Park, but we can't go until I get her shots. Maybe we will see you there sometime. :=)

MrsAngeloParisi said...

and yet, he still manages to have more energy when he's finished. I don't think I've ever seen a worn out scram :P