Tuesday, August 23, 2011

3 Day Weekend

I'm always thrown off when Dom gets a three day weekend. I never plan correctly so when I wake up I'm thinking of all that I need to do and start to go about my normal schedule but then realize, oh hey, there's a husband here today. Even though it's startling it's a nice realization that you get to hang out with your favorite person all day long. So what did we do with our extra day together? Nothing. :) Well, not nothing but we didn't do a whole lot and that's how we like it. He needed a break, a day to sit back and relax and that's what we did.

One thing we did do was play Frisbee Golf. Dom loves the game and played a lot in college and has been getting back into it recently. Well, I don't play. I usually just stay at home while he does his thing or I walk around the course with him as his inefficient caddy but this time I thought I would give it a try, beats walking around in the sun waiting on the people ahead of you, trying to figure out which of Dom's 10 yellow discs is the Wraith. I am shocked to say that I liked it. :) I got par on hole 9, which you can see below and started to think that maybe I could play this game, that's a BIG maybe. Dom and I have played together twice since.

I think Dom likes that I play with him now rather than tagging along yelling about how I have no idea which one is his mid-range or how I can't finish my text in time before the next hole. :)

Saturday was another chill day. We shopped around Fry's, went to church (we were early!!!!!!!!) and rented R.E.D. What a rough day huh?

Sunday was awesome because it was our third day sleeping in and because we got to hang out with Havi (Dom's little sister). We watched So You Think You Can Dance, since we have the whole season recorded, and played some Mini golf. I was the blue ball, Havi the yellow, and Dom the orange.

It was a lot of fun laughing about how I hit it into the water twice or how my ball stopped on a hill half way to the hole (below). It was a great time with the little sister.

Later, Angelo and Jenn came over and we finished up an episode of SYTYCD, where we promptly tried to learn one of the beat-boy moves. We all failed until Dom showed up and got it on his first try. :) Then Havi drove us to In-N-Out, she just got her permit and it was quite fun being packed into a car on the freeway, on her 5th time driving ever. We finished up the weekend by watching Lake Placid. Not a bad way to spend a three day weekend.

No comments: