Thursday, September 24, 2009

Psycho Puppy


Now that Scramble is getting bigger he is getting a bit more rambunctious. He freaks out whenever Dom is trying to get ready in the morning to go to work. He follows him around everywhere, which is normal I grant you, but when it comes to tying his shoes or hugging me goodbye Scramble is all over him.

During the day while Dom is away he now tries to attack me while I try and do anything. I was knitting a scarf on the couch the other day and he decided to lay on the scarf while trying to chew on the knitting needles. Also, now that he is getting bigger he can reach things better like the counter. He still can't get his head on top of it to grab anything but he does like to sniff so when I am cooking he is sniffing away.

When Dom gets home then he is just a whole different dog. He jumps up all over Dom, which is something that we need to control, and then he starts barking if we don't pay attention to him. He'll jump on the couch and try and play with you. Then, if he is just too frustrated that you aren't playing with him and aren't listening to his barking then he will just start doing laps around the apartment at top speed. This is extremely entertaining but also nerve wrecking. I always think he is going to eat it big time but he has been lucky so far.

Now I know that all of this sounds more like our fault, that we are being neglectful owners and not teaching him right but seriously, I think he is moving into the puppy equivalent of the terrible twos. He is still absolutely adorable and has a sweet side it's just that he doesn't like to show it as much these days. :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh Candy, I'm not just saying this...EVERY thing you described Scramble doing is exactly what Bailey has been doing for the past 2 months. Its like they go from wonderful cute puppies to little crazy monsters. I wonder how long it will last...eek!

P.s. Thanks for your comment on my venting blog post. It was really encouraging :)

Emily said...

Quincy still runs crazy laps in the backyard whenever anyone ventures back there. He has sometimes knocked the kids over he gets so excited. We try to wear him out but other than that we're not quite sure what to do about it either. Though I think I would be a trifle more nervous if the tearing around was inside instead of out. Good Luck.