Thursday, September 3, 2009

Six or Eight Legs?

On Monday Dom and I went to Grassvalley to have dinner with some friends. We saw their adorable new Jack Russel Terrier puppy and Scramble had so much fun playing with their mom's older Wippet mix. We had some delicious barbeque and ate it outside so we could watch the dogs play. It started to get a little dark and when I sat down at the table outside I felt my feet and legs go into a cobweb, I moved over a little and didn't see a spider so I thought I would be ok. Later on my foot started to itch all over and when we finally went inside and had some light I saw that I had been bitten a few times and one on the only toe that had a toe ring. I thought that maybe there were a couple ants and I would be itchy for a little while......

Once my toe started to swell I thought that the creature that bit me might have had eight legs instead of six. My toe ring started to get a little tight but I figured the swelling would go down soon enough. I was wrong. It just continued to get worse through the night and the entire next day. I turned our closets upside down looking for wire cutters but couldn't find one. Dom saved the day by bringing home a ring cutter that sawed through my toe ring with no problems. Taking it off felt so much better, however, it made me sad since I have been wearing that ring since 2004 without ever taking it off. It was a gift from a close family friend. Dom is fixing it though so it is only a matter of time before I have it back on again.

Now, there is a line from where the ring used to be on my toe and above it my toe is purple. I have three bites on my foot that I can see that have now turned into itchy white bubbles. I know this is extremely gross but I am not oozing or anything and I have all the hope that this will clear up soon enough, at least I hope it will heal before Dom and I go on our three day backpacking trip this weekend.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yikes. Did you get a picture?

Candice Parisi said...

I did but unfortunately it doesn't do it justice. It is nothing compared to your husband's hand. I'm sorry about that, btw. I hope he heals nice and quick. :)