Thursday, October 8, 2009

New Comers

Tomorrow night we will be attending the New Comer's dinner at church. We signed up in order to meet new people but I am sure that it is going to be sufficiently awkward and that Dom and I will try and stick to ourselves to avoid it, but I do have hope that we will be strong and put ourselves out there. It is going to be catered, which I'll admit is one of the reasons that we signed up, and they are going to be explaining to us more about the church, where they are heading and goals they have, things like that.

All I want to gain out of this is one good conversation with someone I have something in common with. That seems pretty dismal but I don't want to get my hopes too high, expecting to come out with three new best friends, or couples that Dom and I will dine with every other night, no, I want to be level headed and realistic. I will tell you that I thought about these things as possibilities when I first heard about the dinner but I have realized that whenever I think like that I am usually very disappointed in the actual outcome and so now I take precautions when I make my predictions.

Anyway, I am excited to be getting out with Dom and consider it something resembling a date. I know I will fret about what I am going to wear and how to do my hair but I will be having loads of fun trying to decide each.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'll be praying that it's not as awkward as you are expecting and that it will be fun, whatever the outcome!
I have a habit of over-predicting good results and usually end up disappointed, so I know how you feel.
Good Luck!