Monday, August 23, 2010

Last Minute

Alright, so it's still Sunday for me even though it's past midnight, but I still haven't gone to sleep yet so the day isn't over for me, meaning I made it in time for the second post this week. Phew! I have been running around the apartment cleaning all night. Why you ask? Because my family is coming into town tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, I get to be around the people I grew up with who understand why I put my dishes in the dishwasher right away or why I like spicy food, because they taught me to. :) Another bonus of them coming into town tomorrow is that we no longer have to take care of Piper. Now I know that in an earlier post I raved about how adorable she is and how I was never going to give her back.......things changed. She is still completely adorable but after a couple weeks of "special surprises" in the apartment our friendship took a turn. Now I am looking forward to having just one dog to look after again, one where all I have to do is put the trash can and my knitting up before I leave and I am good for about 6 hours.

Until they arrive though, I have a million things to do. Laundry, present wrapping, dropping off Scram, packing and making dessert. Oh yeah, did I mention that I am tagging along with them as they head home? I'm so excited to visit with them for a week. We are going to hit up Big Bear and San Diego. I can't wait to relax and hang out with my lovely family. I hate to leave Dom, who can't go with me because his job sucks......I mean because he has work, but he will survive and it's always fun to come home to a food deprived husband, then my cooking tastes fantastical. Jk. I will seriously miss him and wish that he could come along. In the meantime our separation will be reminiscent of when we were dating, which is always fun. Well, time to get back to my tons of chores. Next time I write I will be back in my favorite place, Southern California. :)

1 comment:

Debbie T said...

We will miss you this week at knit group, but I hope you have an awesome-ly fun time with your family!!!