Monday, December 14, 2009

Pain

I can't move, just a touch to the skin kills, and going to the bathroom has turned into a work of art. Dom and I have played walleyball the past two days with his brother and cousin and since I haven't worked out since Dom and I got married, due to some knee problems, my muscles are in shock! Walleyball is volleyball played on a racquetball quart with a men's height net and you can use the walls during play. I had so much fun diving and hitting and playing with my husband, but in my current condition, I am beginning to wonder if it was all worth it. I have to use what's around me to lower myself into a sitting position and I have to make sure that my limbs don't rest on one another due to the sensitive muscle pain.

Playing volleyball again was like drinking a cocktail of happiness and adrenaline. I love the game and my sincere devotion only comes when it's played indoor and on a court, so this was right up my alley. As I recover, I think that I am learning to appreciate what it is to be "in-shape." Once I can work out again, I am going to make sure that a couple games of walleyball don't send me to traction.

No comments: