Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How fast can you type?

I have been wanting to improve my wpm (words per minute) lately and have been testing/practicing here. Dom and I will compete but really there is no competition, he kills me. On our first official date we went to Fashion Island and while we were walking around we went to the Mac store. We both got on the kids computers and raced for best typing speed and accuracy. I am pretty sure I beat him but oh how the tides have turned. His first time on the site above he got in the 80s! I average in the 50s with good accuracy but the more I want to beat him the worse I become. I think that I just need to focus on improving myself and not demolishing my husband in a wpm race. You should take the test and let me know the result, also, I love looking at where the excerpts are from that you just typed. I have gotten a few famous books and a few quirky ones. Let me know what book you got as well. :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

I only got 53 wpm but I got 100% accuracy. I hate mistakes and so I go back and correct them which effects my speed. I might go try it and try not to correct myself and see what I get. Be right back.

Emily said...

Okay, I got 59 wpm when I let myself make mistakes, but it was really hard to keep typing when I knew I had made a mistake. And now I'm addicted. I like to type.

Debbie T said...

That was fun! I got 68wpm, but then I was a typist most all of my career, which spanned 25 years. I haven't really done any formal typing for a job though for 2 1/2 years, so it was fun to see if I still had the skill.

Candice Parisi said...

Nice job ladies. I'm impressed. I have been taking the test more often and I am now in the low 60s with a few mistakes. I always have the urge to go back too but I want the high number in the end, it's a confidence booster I guess. :)