Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Caught Up

You ever have a song that just takes you back? Of course you do, it's like a thing. Well one of mine is Snow (Hey Oh) by Red Hot Chili Peppers and maybe it's the fact that they played at the Super Bowl or the fact that I am avoiding the gym like the plague and listening to random music instead of going,  either way I was listening to it and was instantly transported back to the summer of 2007, the best summer of my entire life.

Warning, this may get mushy.......well with a lead up like 'the best summer of my life' and the fact that it's about my husband guarantees mushiness, so prepare yourself. Anyway, this was the summer that started everything. I started dating/falling in love with Dom. We lived 8 hours away from each other and would visit about once a month. This song was popular at the time and was linked to all my happiness with Dom. 

I'm not sure we even played the song together and the song is labeled the exact opposite of the time period I associate it with but it happened, I associated it with Dom and that summer and so it will forever live on as the best song that gives me butterflies every time I listen to it, even now, 6 1/2 years later and I'm still falling for that guy.

No comments: