Saturday, June 6, 2009

1/4

Tomorrow Dom and I will have been married for a quarter of a year. Now I know three months doesn't seem like much but when you put it in those terms it seems like a bigger deal. It's hard to believe we were only engaged for about this long (three and a half months total). Anyway, we decided to celebrate today because of reasons I will explain later. How we celebrated was sleeping in and I mean really sleeping in, we didn't really get out of bed until around 1:30 p.m. Then we went to a free piano concert at the Sherman Clay piano store. They have this amazing Steinway & Sons concert hall and give concerts for free occasionally, all you have to do is sign up to be notified about the next concert and you're in.

This concert was performed by Richard Glaizier who is a Steinway & Sons pianist who played classic American music for us. Songs like Rhapsody in Blue, Over The Rainbow, some ragtime, and few others by Gershwin. It was a wonderful concert and it was fun to get all dressed up with Dom and enjoy it. After that we went to dinner at T.G.I. Friday's. I chose this place because of an advertisement that I saw for them online about a two for twenty deal they had, two appietizers and entrees for twenty dollars. When we got there I asked about it and they looked confused, apparently I got the resturaunt wrong and that deal is at Applebee's. Oops. They said that happens often but I still felt like a dork.

Next, we made brownie sundaes at home and enjoyed some Mad About You. It was a great anniversary celebration. The reason that we didn't celebrate tomorrow on the actual day was because we are going to see Up with Dom's sister and mom and so we wanted to celebrate today alone. See, Dom wanted to surprise me on our anniversary day by making me dinner and then taking me to see Up but when we went to visit his family on Friday his sister told him she watched it and she wants to see it again. Dom said that he wanted to take me to see it and so she asked if she could join us, well he couldn't deny her and that is how our little arrangement came about. I like that we will be going to see it with his family and that today was a great day alone with my wonderful husband. :)

No comments: