Sunday, June 28, 2009

I Want A Puppy!

A while ago I posted about future family members and they were the dogs that Dom and I want to eventually get. Well, we decided a few weeks ago that we wanted to get a puppy now and are looking for a small female dog that doesn't cost us a limb. Since we decided that we were going to add to the family I have been following every source possible to find a reasonable pup. The local paper, the Pennysaver, Craigslist, animal shelters, etc. Unfortunately, after weeks of searching we are still dogless.

The kind of small dog that Dom and I agree upon is rare and when we find one the female is either gone, too old, or too much money. I love how they say "small" rehoming fee and then charge $300. That to me is not small. Anyway, this has been getting to me lately because I just want a little K-9 friend that I can hang out with while Dom is gone. There are many other reasons why we want a dog but that is a big one for me. Lots of people say it takes a while to find the right dog and to be patient but I am getting really ancy and discouraged. I just hope that God is working in this and taking his time in picking out the right dog for us. I can't wait to post pictures of our new little friend but it might be a while.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Oh my goodness oh my goodness!! I can't believe you guys have decided to get a puppy!! Okay, well I'll be praying that God leads the right one to you, or you to the right one I guess. And after this has happened, cause it will, I want pictures. ASAP as possible. (Please get that quote).