Friday, June 26, 2009

A Good Day

After a long morning of nothing, I went to Auburn to get my hair cut by a friend I have known since Jr. High who happens to live up here now. It was a fun little social time and it felt nice to be around a girl and have healthy hair again. Once she finished, I made my way back home. I proceeded to continue my day of nothing by watching some episodes of The Office.

My husband came home just as I had finished "The injury" from season two. Now I had taken chicken out in the morning to make these baked chicken kabobs but what I failed to realize is that they already needed to be thawed in order for me to finish the recipe early because it needed to marinate for hours. I had to call my mom to see if it would be sanitary to put the chicken back in the fridge and use it the next day, it was so I did. I have to call my mom for everything still. I am getting the hang of it but I'm not a seasoned house wife yet. I then decided that I would try and talk Dom into going out for dinner by saying that we could take our change from around the house to Coinstar and deal with the percentage they take out for converting it to cash and use it for dinner and a movie. I have really been wanting to see Angels & Demons since I finished the book a few days ago.

When he came home I pitched my idea and was shot down....it was sad until he said we should just go out to dinner anyway without doing Coinstar. :) I chose CPK and we split a pizza. After dinner I tried again to talk Dom into taking me to see the movie and he said no again but wouldn't give me a reason why. On the way home he then surprised me by saying that we were going to see the movie and that he had been planning on taking me all day. I was so stoked! We saw it and they changed a lot and it will never be as good as the book but I rather enjoyed it. What I enjoyed most was a night out with my husband. I had such a great time and I'm glad I have such a wonderful husband.

No comments: