Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Just Dropping In

Lately I have been a little homesick, missing friends and family terribly and I guess that God wanted to cheer me up because all of a sudden I have a couple weeks full of friends and family. The family was planned and they will be here next week but the friends were a total surprise. Normally I don't do anything important during the week and Dom and I just hang around on the weekends but this week we actual had plans with his family pretty much the whole weekend. Out of nowhere Brooke texts me asking what I am doing this weekend because she is coming up last minute to visit! Not only was I surprised but totally stoked. I didn't care if I had plans because they definitely take a backseat to Brooke's visit.

Then, later that night I get a phone call from Katie Newman saying that she will be in town on Sunday and wants to see me. Again I was totally surprised and starting to find it quite comical that my usual laid back weekends, and this one that actual had a plan, was now being infused with much needed visits from friends. On top of all this excitement I get a text from Kelsey saying she is in town until Thursday and wants to hang out! At this point Dom and I just start laughing in amazement.

So, to recap I see Kelsey on Thursday for lunch, I have a "house" warming party on Friday with Dom's family and Brooke, who will be staying until Saturday, and I see Katie on Sunday for morning coffee, not to mention the welcome home party for Dom's cousin that same day. Wow, God is so good. I can't wait to tell you how it went.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm so excited that you get to see everybody... but pissed that I'm not one of them. I miss you so much, but hope you have such a good time with friends and family!! Love you!

Lindsay said...

I need to come see you sometime soon too!!! I will call you when I get back from Europe and we'll set a date!

kelsey said...

wooohwee! see you in 1 hour!