Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Painted Nails

You know those things that just make you feel dainty? Like, dangly earrings or perfume? Well, a big one for me is painted nails. I painted my toe nails and finger nails today and I feel so girly. I used OPI because it's just amazing and the colors I used today were:

"I'm not really a waitress"

and "Sweetheart."


The names crack me up and make the experience even more comical. I say comical in the sense that you just have to have a sense of humor when painting your nails or you'll just end up in a little frustrated ball cursing whoever it was that invented nail polish. It is just inevitable that right after you put on a fresh coat you will smudge it doing something absentmindedly and you just have to shake it off knowing that if you paint your nails yourself they just aren't going to look professional. I hope the nail polish will last long this time and all the dish cleaning and hand washing doesn't destroy it too early on.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I don't paint my nails very often but once when I had a pedicure I picked the color specifically because of the name...I'd like to name nail polishes (or paint colors); it must be a fun job.

Emilee Sutherland said...

I love OPI - my fav is "You Don't Know Jaque" it's awesome =)