Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Excuses, Excuses

So, I know I said that I would be posting at least twice a week but some things have come up like sickness, visitors, and laziness. The last time I posted was when I got back from my trip home when I thought I was getting better, I went to a baseball game for crying out loud, but my sickness took a turn for the worst after that game and decided to take up residency in my body forever. Not really, but I have been sick for about a month now. I finally feel better, I just have remnants of a cough and side-splitting pain from the muscle I pulled in my ribs from coughing but no big deal, that's why God invented Advil.

My goal is still to post twice a week I just honestly didn't do anything while I was sick. Didn't change, eat (as much as I normally do, not much deters me from eating), sleep or clean. It was quite gross and now I feel up for it, as well as, blogging. :)

Now that I have given you all of my excuses and you might still have rolled your eyes I'm just going to get into updating you on what I did this past week. I'm not going to back track a month because, 1: I can't remember and 2: I don't think it was anything that interesting. So moving on, one of my best friends Brooke came to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She came up with her family and boyfriend (OOOooo) to San Francisco. They have family friends there that just happen to own two large homes and one is empty but has everything visitors need. We got to stay there fo free and they provided a ton of food for us that Brooke's parents made delicious breakfasts with, I love waking up to the smell of french toast and sausage! Dom and I went up on Friday night and Saturday, us youngsters/couples went into San Francisco. We walked from Pier 1 to Ghirardelli Square and back. If you aren't familiar with the layout of San Francisco, that's effing far but it was way fun and I LOVE San Fran so I was cool with it.

We moseyed around Pier 39, saw the seals, which apparently Brooke didn't remember from our Senior Class visit there but we took a picture this time just so it would stick. Then we walked Fisherman's Warf and had some Starbucks and then hit up a wax museum. Brooke's boyfriend went to one in Washington D.C. and said it was amazing but sadly that was NOT the case this time. These wax figures were some scary version of our beloved historical figures and celebrities.......It was still a fun experience and I would show you pictures but, like a loser, I left my camera battery charging in our room. Oh well, Brooke took her new camera and will eventually give me pictures.......................................we'll see. After the wax museum we got some yummy ice cream and chocolate at Ghirardelli Square. This was our last stop and on the way back to the BART station at Pier 1 this huge fog cloud rolled in and enveloped the whole city. It was amazing and gorgeous. It looked like it was 5am. I took one picture with my phone:

Sooooo pretty. :)

Sunday was spent lounging around and then we took Brooke home with us after her family and boo left. Monday was awesome, sleep in, shop and then go out to dinner. We were celebrating Brookie's Birthday! Her actually birthday was on Tuesday but she was leaving in the afternoon so we celebrated early. April, Brooke's close friend since Elementary School and my friend since Jr. High, who happened to move up here right before I did and who happens to be my hairdresser now, came and celebrated with us. Dinner was SO good and here is a picture of us girls:

(Brooke, April, Me)

We went back to the apartment after dinner and talked and hung out while my lovely husband made us a large Pizookie of our own (we went to BJs for dinner and got a free mini pizookie for Brooke's B-Day, not enough). Did I mention he made it from scratch? Yeah, he's pretty amazing. Anyway the crazyness continued:

It was a fun night. The next day I got to say Happy Birthday for real but I also had to say goodbye to Brookie. :( It was such a fun trip and I love my friends and husband so I couldn't have been happier!

No comments: