Monday, March 7, 2011

Officially Official


So Dom and I started dating about 3 1/2 years ago but we talked for a while before we put any sort of label on it. This was because I wanted to take things slow, be friends first, yadda, yadda, yadda. The joke was that we were having about a 5 month long DTR. Since we hung out all the time and didn't want to see anyone else it pretty much meant we were official in everyone else's eyes but my own..........so, on July 8, 2007 when I said we could make it official Dom joked and said, "Oh sure, we're unofficially official." I asked when we would be officially official and he said, "Second year of marriage." This has been the running joke of our entire relationship. Well folks, we just had our second anniversary, we are officially official!!

The wedding was just a ruse. JK, but seriously, this man deserves the world. He shows me constantly, day in and day out pure love, God's love. He is always patient, understanding, kind, thoughtful, and encouraging. The way he acts towards me proves his vows and reinforces mine. I love this man and I can't wait to see what God unveils for us as we grow even closer. :)


Our Vows

To Him

From the beginning you have been my source of light, my joy, my friend and the greatest gift that God has given me. Your compassion softens my edges and forgives my flaws, your strength and approach to life have changed my fears of the unknown to excitement for the opportunities that lay ahead, and your love and devotion have opened my eyes to the type of love that God has for us. I have learned so much from you and the fact that I can continue to do that fills me with a happiness that is incomparable and unfading. I want to encourage you like you have always encouraged me and never leave your side like you have never left mine. I love you with everything that I am and can't wait to walk through life holding your hand. :)

To Me

Candice, I am completely yours. You are beautiful to me in every way. Your smile makes my heart race, and I am overwhelmed by the depth of your love for me. You make me forget all my weaknesses and trials, and you help me to see the good that is in me.
You make me better. ;)
I don't know what our future holds. What good times and bad we'll have to go through. I don't know what pain or happiness lies ahead for us, but one thing I do know. I know that through it all, no matter what happens, I will be by your side to share in your laughter and your tears. There's no where I would rather be.
You are my best friend, my favorite person to spend time with, and spending the rest of my life with you is joy that I didn't think could be possible.
I love you with all that I am, and I will for the rest of my life.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations on being officially official!

Rachel said...

awww thats so sweet congratulations xx

Debbie T said...

What a beautiful post, Candice!! I love your wedding picture too!!!! Just perfect!!