Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spoiled Wife

Let's start off by saying this, I'm picky. I mean even my own mother gets me gift cards because that's a safer bet. I think it's because I'm very particular but very indecisive so finding something I really like and would use is a challenge. That being said Dom has never picked out certain things for me. Clothes and shoes to be exact and although it's good because I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings if I didn't like it and he wouldn't want to waste money, I am curious to see what he would choose for me. Well, he nailed it on his first try.

For Valentine's Day Dom picked out some beautiful green yarn for me. I loved it! I know you might be thinking yarn? Yarn is not as complex as clothes or shoes but let me tell you, I'm picky here too. And some shops won't let you return yarn. He went to the local yarn shop after work while I was out of town and went all around picking out things he thought I would like. He settled on Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Moorland, this vibrant, gorgeous green. I have always wanted some Madelintosh because it's so soft and such great quality but it's a little pricey so I've never bought any, this is something I mentioned to him a couple days before Valentine's and he just thought SCORE!

Well, I opened it up and was blown away. I couldn't stop feeling the yarn and was so happy and touched that he did this for me. I wanted to knit it immediately but I didn't want to make yet another small project so I searched on Ravelry all night and found a pattern I really liked, started on it the very next day. I finished in time for our anniversary a couple weeks later, my first garment! Dom took pictures for me at Bodega Bay, where we spent our Anniversary. :)

It has pockets! It's the main reason I chose this pattern. :)

If you think he did well for Valentine's Day, let's move on to our Anniversary. Somewhere around 6 months ago I was at the family jewelry shop and saw this ring, now I am not a big jewelry person but this ring was gorgeous enough for me to seriously ask Dom for it. I mean he works at a jewelry shop, I thought it was about time I tried to reap the benefits of that. ;) It was a bit pricey so he was thinking no, which I understood, I visited the ring a couple more times but one day I came in and it was gone............GONE! I was like no way they sold the one piece of jewelry I actually asked for so quickly. Yep, they did, at least that's what they told me. I had my suspicions though. Well, Christmas goes by, birthday goes by, Valentine's day goes by and no ring. I gave up. So on our anniversary I didn't know what to expect. He pulled out a little box and I opened it to find my ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had kept it all this time to throw me off and it so worked. It's gorgeous isn't it? I love it. :)


I think we can safely say that my husband is great and he makes me happy, even apart from the wonderful gifts he gets me. He listens to my interests and makes it a point to show that he cares, again, I love this man. :)

P.S. The surprise date went pretty well. He had no clue, thank goodness. He came home and I was all dressed up, wearing my Madelintosh top of course, and ready to go. We went to dinner and had planned on going miniature golfing but there were way too many people there so we went to Origin Coffee and played cards and sipped coffee. Over all, a great date. :)

He wouldn't take a serious picture, this is my frustrated face.

Much better. :)

2 comments:

Debbie T said...

You have totally changed my mind on the 'Cushion' cut, Candice. I love it now!! What a beautiful ring!!!
Your sweater came out so pretty and looks fabulous on you. What a great couple you and Dom make. Here's to the rest of your lives together...CHEERS!!!

Emily said...

Wow. Lovely sweater and lovely ring. I'm super impressed with the sweater and it has POCKETS! I think that's the best part. I'm not really a jewelry girl but I do like your ring.