Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One Day

When Dom and I talk about our dream house we each have our own dream room. He has a killer music room and I have the mother of all craft rooms. I mean this room would make Martha Stewart cry because her career would look like a joke compared to the organization and creativity put into this space, probably not but again, dream room. I have been thinking about this a lot lately since I am in constant danger of being buried alive every time I go into the closet to get a ball of yarn or needle and thread. I have gained a unique set of skills braving this monstrosity that has served me well in disorganized sales sections. I can fish out a decent buy with my eyes closed.

That all being said, I hate living this way. I want to open up my closet doors to a yarn lovers haven, a sewer's nook and an overall crafter's dream. I want to see columns and cubbies, bins and drawers, symmetry and labels, a place that gives you the fullest potential with your supplies. I don't want to spend 10 minutes digging through piles of stuff to eventually give up and I really don't want whatever can't fit into the closet to then be put in my room in the open. What has been stopping me from making my dream a reality you ask? That's simple, me. I was not blessed with brilliant organization skills and am highly lacking in this area, especially when I am not able to start from scratch and have limited space. This is why I have been fantasizing about my perfect craft room because I wouldn't have to compromise or learn to compact my stash but would be able to display and set up individual stations.

Let me show you what I am talking about:

I would love to display my yarn like this
In cubbies like this. And the different work stations are great.
Or even these. I just love the clean lines used in these rooms and any room with books displayed grabs my eye.
This would be great for everything non-yarn related. Office supplies, scrap booking, even sewing supplies.
See what I mean? Doesn't that just make you melt or get giddy? It's like you're on a first date with Ikea or something. Maybe one day I will get my act together and compromise with a system that enables this level of organization in my limited space and then, when I am able to, I will graduate to an entire craft room that even Monica Geller would be proud of. :)

No comments: