Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Against My Will

I have a few chores today that I do not feel like doing. The chores are as follows: give Scramble his deworming medicine, call my knee doctor's office, clean the apartment, make Scramble's bed, and make Mimi's bag. Now these things seem pretty simple and could even be considered fun to some people but today is not the day that I consider them fun. I am in a lazy mood and when things intimidate me I really don't want to do them. I shall explain my apprehensions for each chore.

First off, giving Scramble his medicine is really not that hard. It is this yellow liquid that is in a syringe that I just put in his mouth and have him drink. I just know that he doesn't like it and that it tends to fall out of his mouth once he takes it. This happened last time. I am just not looking forward to fighting him and then cleaning up all this yellow gunk but he needs it and it must be done.

Second, calling my knee doctor should be a quick and simple thing right? Wrong. I need to call and see that the knee surgery that I am scheduled to have on Aug. 18th will be completely covered by my insurance and find out how much the physical therapy is afterward. I am a complete dope when it comes to insurance stuff. I can't for the life of me understand premiums and coverage, co-payments and deductibles. It's just way over my head and that is basically what I need to call and figure out. I miss having my mommy take care of everything in this department for me.

Third, cleaning the apartment is something that I do consider fun as weird as that sounds but it has now become a little more difficult with Scramble in the picture. He likes to be involved in everything you are doing and that is a little difficult when you are working with chemicals. I need to do this with him in his crate and hopefully I can without him whining. I feel bad when I put him in there when I am in the house and awake.

Fourth/Fifth, making Scramble's doggy bed and my family friend's bag. I bought the fabric and zipper for his little bed and it should be very simple but I just don't know how to "free hand" a project like this. I am definitely intimidated and keep putting it off, even though poor little Scramble keeps laying on our throw pillows or Dom's clothes. I think he'll really like it, I just need to figure out what I am doing and just do it. The bag that I have to make is definitely doable and it isn't so much intimidating as it is time consuming. I have made two of these bags before and one just the other day but it took me all day and I messed up a different way for each bag. I am hoping that the third time is a charm and that it goes smoothly.

Now that I have thoroughly complained about mundane projects that I need to accomplish today I will share with you a bit of exciting news that I saw this morning. I am friends with our wedding photographer on Facebook and he posted a link to an article he wrote about wedding photography and one of the pictures from our wedding was in it! I was so excited and hope that you have time to take a look. Here is the link: http://www.sportsshooter.com/news/2251. Thanks and I hope everyone is having a stress free, productive day. :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I made a pillow for Quincy when we first got him. They are super simple. Cut out two squares the same size. sew the zipper all along one edge of each piece. leave the zipper mostly open and with right sides together sew the other three edges. Turn right side out through the zipper and wah-la. If you make this the "pillow case" and then put another pillow inside it you can always unzip the cover and wash it.
I hate dealing with insurance. Just keep asking questions. I know how you feel.