Monday, May 11, 2009

Indecision

I am the most indecisive person that I know and it always tends to get me into trouble. The most recent trouble that I am involved in is an unfinished apartment. We have been unpacked for a little while but things are still lining our hallways and rooms that I need to hang but I just can't figure out where I want them. Poor Dom attempts to get me to make a decision by just constantly asking if he can hang this or that. Well yesterday I took care of most of it but I still have our room to do and I can't do that until I figure out exactly where our furniture will be because I still have yet to pick out a nightstand.......I'm ridiculous.

Today on my list of things to do is make returns to Wal-Mart, BB&B, and Michaels. These are all returns on things I bought for the apartment and decided I didn't want or they didn't go. I am hoping that one day this little quark of mine will go away or at least I can learn to deal with it faster. If I were a type A personality with this problem I would have at least been done the week we moved in. Even now that I have most everything hung it still looks funny because the frames, most of them at least, still have the picture that they came with. I have yet to order wedding pictures since I have them all in digital format or other pictures to put in our frames. We are surrounded by pictures of people we don't know. Weird.

We want to have guests (Dom's family) over when we are finished with the apartment but that is being delayed a little since I haven't gotten my act together but apart from that, I am really excited about it. I love his family and I want them all to see our wonderful apartment and share in our happiness with us. There are just a few kinks in the plan, one, there will be quite a few people over, twelve altogether to be exact, and although our apartment is spacious it isn't for twelve people. Two, I don't know how to feed twelve people. I just assume that when you invite people over around dinner time that you feed them and when it's at your place you make the meal. I would feel like a failure if I just ordered pizza or something. They are going to think I can't cook for my husband but we'll see how it all goes down. Lastly, entertainment. How do you entertain twelve people in a little apartment? Dom wants to show a movie but we have a couch that seats three and a chair. Grown ups don't like to sit on the floor and table chairs are uncomfortable after a while. I suggested a game but I would have no idea what game to play. Hostessing stresses me out but I find the anticipation and preparation thrilling. I need to figure out what we are going to do and soon.

Dom would say that I am just being silly, which I know I am but I have always been this way. Even living with Mini, I would freak out when Heidi or someone was coming over and go on a cleaning rampage and cooking spree. I like doing all these thing but I just wish that I could do them with a calm spirit and a little confidence that it will come out ok. Anyway, I am still looking forward to the "house" warming party and showing off all our hard work but until I say goodnight to the last guest I am going to be prematurely aging due to unnecessary stress. :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh Candy dont stress! You are a great hostess and it will all go great. Just make a dish that is big and filling and that you can make ahead of time so you dont have to worry as much. Like lasagna is good and you can just make 2 lasagnas (even a day or 2 before) and then get some pre-made garlic bread and salad. Put everything on nice plates and (wah-lah!) you have a beautiful home-cooked meal. And I'm sure your house looks great. I can't wait to come see it this summer! If it makes you feel better it has taken me like 5 months to decorate our house and its still not perfect!

Mindy said...

Yeah for indecision!! That's my girl. I'm glad to hear that marriage hasn't fully grown you out of all our childish similarities. Favs. And as to hostessing - come on. You have the panic and anxiety of a great hostess (have to clean, have to cook, have to save Maggie, have to save Jack...) so you'll do great.