Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sporadic

First off, I have some running around to do today. My list reads: nails with heads, spray paint, button down shirts, and furniture....maybe. Last night Dom tried to set up our sound system and figured out that we need nails with heads which I did not buy at Home Depot the last time I was there, which means I have to go back. Going to Home Depot for me is like picking out makeup with your girlfriend for a guy. I have no idea what I am looking at and I just want to leave. But I am going to try and be a brave soldier and get what is required of me. I get to look at spray paint which seems fun enough because I am going to use it to change the color of a decoration I want to hang in our apartment. :)

The button down shirts is round two of my fashion consultant requirements for Dom. We got the jeans, now we need the shirts. I am so excited to go to Ross and pick out clothes for my husband. I feel like such a wife doing that, or at least I think that I will, it will be my first time. :) Last but not least, furniture shopping. I tried to go yesterday to the Salvation Army and Goodwill to see if I can find an end table or anything for the apartment but the Salvation Army I found was the church, social services branch of the Salvation Army and they didn't have anything to sell. I was disappointed so I looked up the nearest thrift store and found one close by. From the windows it looked really nice with some potential purchases but when I got to the door I saw that they were closed and said that they would be back at 8am. Their hours are 8am - 3:30pm.......I got there at 3pm. So lame but I think that I might try again today, if not I will drag Dom with me this weekend.

Later tonight I will be cooking the lasagna I made last night. I finally got around to preparing the overnight lasagna and let's just say that I am interested to see how it turns out. The meat sauce isn't so much a sauce as it is chunks of sausage with some red sauce. Dom and I laughed when we looked at it together. In the process I managed to splatter it all over myself and the kitchen. It took a little while to clean up and the shirt is in the washer as I write. I am so excited to make it tonight though. I got garlic bread sticks to go with it and if Dom and I like it, this might be one of our main dishes. :) I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: