Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Well, we finally moved into our own place. We have been here a week yesterday. :) I can not even express how happy I am or how much I am enjoying having a place of our own! We just got internet today which is really nice. I have been dying to update this blog but didn't feel like doing it with someone else's wireless. I have so much to tell but I don't even know where to start.....

We have been unpacking the entire week. That is what I do during the day while Dom is at work and then he helps me at night. I wish I could say it has been a smooth experience but I would be lying. I doesn't help that I am an indecisive, pack rat with a slight case of OCD. I have so much stuff and no storage since we are just starting out and don't have a lot of furniture, so my stuff has been sitting around on the floor until we could get some storage. I finally put it away in the nice, neat way that I wanted it but that took forever because I couldn't decide what I wanted where. Uh, I hate moving, but I wouldn't trade it for the world because it means that I am finally living with Dominic. :)

It now feels like our marriage has officially started. I absolutely love it!!!! It is so much fun. We don't have to worry about saying goodbye in the middle of the night or sharing the TV with someone else or making people feel uncomfortable while we cuddle. No doors have to be closed and everything is ours. It sucks being without him all day but once he calls to say he is on his way home from work I get so giddy and the second he walks through the door I greet him with a huge kiss! I haven't been the best wife yet in the sense of cooking but we are still getting our bearings, or at least I am. I think I am going to try lasagna tonight. This will be my first time and we'll see how it goes, my title for tomorrows blog could be "Yummy Homemade Lasagna" or "Crap On A Plate" who knows. I hope it's the former. :)

Hopefully I will be posting some pictures of the new place soon but that will probably be on facebook and I have to get the apartment all set up before that happens and we still have a few more purchases before it's complete. Oh how I wish money did grow on trees. Honestly, this new chapter of my life has been the greatest blessing ever and I can't wait to spend another wonderful night with my husband in our Home Sweet Home. :)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

YOU GOT A HOME!!!!! YEAH!!! Why have I not received a phone call full of your screams of joy? Shoot. And I thought you were happy. I expect pictures and a detailed description pre picture post via phone call or email if you must.

Okay... now I can say - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Love you so much, and I'm so happy for you and Dom!