Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Housing update

Here is the update: we lost the house. I had mentioned earlier that we were having a little trouble with the loan well, it turned into a lot of trouble. What happened this time is that our broker made mistake number 978. If I ever meet this man it won't be pretty. He didn't give us proper, or any, warning about some documents we were supposed to provide and by the time he did it was too late. This little mistake put us back about 2 to 3 weeks and that's even if he could still come through......turns out he couldn't, I'm not surprised. We can no longer ask for extensions and because of the loan situation and it creating the downfall of our economy they are no longer easy to come by, especially if you own your own company.

Now we are looking for an apartment, which is completely fine with me. I am just so excited to be done with it all and finally moving into our own place away from family. Again, I love them but it's time to go. Loosing the house was a bummer but it's not the end of the world, we will look again when the time is write which is looking like next year and we won't be as rushed and will know never to work with this broker ever, ever again.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ugh stupid housing guy! I'm so sorry you are having to go through all this...definitely not fun to deal with as newlyweds. Getting an apartment will be great though! Its so fun to have your own place and Jake and I absolutely loved being in an apartment. Keep me updated on the search and when you move I definitely want to see pictures of your new place!

Mindy said...

Sorry about the house Canis. That's sucks! I'll be praying that you guys can find something soon... very soon. I know how much you want to be in your own place. Love you so much!