Thursday, November 10, 2011

An Experience


If you haven't heard, the new Call of Duty game came out. It was kind of a big deal. Dom wanted the game and I figured I would get it for him while he was at work and surprise him when he got home. Then he mentioned that he would be getting it himself and I didn't want to lose my chance, so I decided that I would somehow sneak out for half an hour at midnight and pick it up for him.

I called the local Gamestop and asked about how this whole nerd game thing worked. Would they be open at midnight? Did they have enough? Would it take a long time? To this, the guy answered in two parts, each made me groan. The first was, "Did you pre-order?" No I didn't pre-order. It's a video game, not a Gucci purse but apparently to them the game is just as important. If I didn't pre-order, I wasn't guaranteed a copy, which was a problem, and I knew this because of the next part of his answer, "A line started forming at 2pm."

Uh huh, a line. He said to come down quickly to purchase a copy and then come back at midnight to pick it up. So I got ready, asked Dom to take a quick trip with me and took him to Gamestop. At least he was surprised. We bought the game and then went home and killed time. When we went back............the line was wrapped around the building. We still had to stand in it because that was just the pick-up line.............there were wrist bands involved people. It was cold out but we hopped in line and waited.

Oh my gosh you guys, there were energy drinks, hoodies, and video game lingo. One kid asked another, "You going to school tomorrow?" to which the kid replied, "Nope." And the best part was that the line faced the street to leave so that those who had already picked up their copy were able to brag. One guy was standing out of the sun roof with a copy in each hand screaming, "WO-HOO!!" Then we were mooned, shouted at and I heard so much exhaust it was ridiculous. My favorite part was the Mini Cooper converted into a Mini Truck. :) I was the only girl there that I saw, besides the one working, and I was not surprised. Anyway, it was quite the adventure and I had fun with my sane husband.

2 comments:

Debbie T said...

Hahhahahah...so is Dom going to work tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

Nope. :)