Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 1: A Favorite Song

Some of these challenges are going to require some thought and reflection but to start off, this one's easy. My favorite song is Together We Will Live Forever by Clint Mansell. It's fantastic! In fact, the entire soundtrack to The Fountain is fantastic, that's where the song is from. If you ever have time or want something playing while you are cleaning up or working on the computer, this is the way to go.

The intense part of the soundtrack might make more sense if you've seen the movie. It's about two people in love, in the past, present and future and the man's quest to keep her alive in all three eras. It's basically a fight against death and the realization of its futility. It may take a couple viewings in order to get the gist of what's going on, or at least it did for me but it's a good, intense movie. Here is the song, the background is a shot from the film.



Now tell me you didn't just fall in love with it? Ugh, it's beautiful and moving. This would have been the song Dom and I danced to at our wedding, since he likes it too, but we didn't want to cut any of it out and it's rather long to dance to while everyone's watching you.

I know it may be shocking to some to read that my favorite song is not hip-hop but I move on from those so quickly. It's true I have favorite hip-hop songs but mainly I kill one, meaning I play it on repeat literally all day for a couple weeks, and then move onto the next one. This song captured me forever and it will always resonate with how I feel about Dominic, therefore it's my favorite.

No comments: