Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 3: A Favorite Book

Easy peasy lemon squeezie, my favorite book is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. She is also my favorite author because she writes this series that is just wonderful but anyway, Redeeming Love is AMAZING! It's based off the book Hosea from the Bible and at times can be heartbreaking but the growth, love, and redemption you experience with the main character is awesome.


This book has helped me to see that no matter what shameful things I have done in my past, God still loves me. He doesn't love me like how we love people, He loves me like He created love to be. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails......"

I don't know about you, but my love fails often, like when I'm easily angered or when I won't apologize because I know I'm right. God is love and He does all of these things at the same time, perfectly and He forgives and continues to love me when I mess up. Redeeming Love helped me see that my past is forgiven and even though I know God has forgiven my present and future as well, it was hard for me to let go of what I had done in the past. I am redeemed and it feels SO good. :)

No comments: