Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 18: A Time When You Felt Passionate And Alive

Now obviously I could say knitting, I feel passionate and alive every time I knit. I could, and do, spend hours looking at patterns and thinking about yarn but since I could literally answer knitting for the next five posts, I'll choose something else for this one.

Hmmmmmm, passionate and alive huh? Just to let you know, I'm not a very passionate person. I just don't get that way about stuff. There have probably only been three passions in my life and since I said I wouldn't use one for this and the other is quite obvious, since he's shown up in almost every post, I will use the remaining one here. Drum roll please............VOLLEYBALL!!!!!!


It's not so much a passion now since I no longer play but when I did, I LOVED it! I think it should still count since it says a time when, not what makes you feel passionate and alive now. Anyway, I had an amazing high school team. We went to finals and then lost in a very close five game match. It was devastating, seriously worst day ever. I know, it's just a game but since I was passionate about it I was heartbroken because we SO deserved it. I'm not bitter anymore..............really, I'm not.........moving on. ;)


We worked hard but we had fun and our, what should have been two hour but always ended up being three hour, practices were pretty much the most fun you can have working out. We would be winded, sweating like pigs and all bruised but we always left with a smile. Our team became quite close too. The picture above is from a team retreat we took before our senior year. We did all kinds of team building exercises and learned a lot about each other. These girls were like my family and I am so happy to still be in touch with a lot of them. Seriously, you should have been there, we did some pretty silly things in order to build trust. Let me show you:

Now I don't know how this built up trust but let me tell you, dressing up like g-units and then taking pictures of it definitely made these girls my homies. I miss this time in my life, pretty much organized sports in general but I have a ton of fond memories to look back on and lots of close friends to relive it with. :)

No comments: