Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 20: A Hobby Of Yours

I'll give you one guess as to what I'm going to say.................Yep, KNITTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Hurray. :) I knit all the time, or as much as my wrists and hands allow. I had to take an extended break recently and it nearly killed me, especially since it didn't do much good. Oh well. Now I'm back and trying to work on my tension so that I don't kill my joints.

This hobby just plain makes me happy. I LOVE it! I love all the different colors and feeling of the yarn and the way it can play a pattern up to make it even better. I love knowing that I can make something for myself or others that I put a lot of care into. Each stitch you're thinking about that person and if the object is for me then I'm thinking about how much fun it will be to use it.

It's just two stitches, knit and purl and when you mess around with them you can make beautiful things like this:


Or this:


Who wouldn't want to do that? I hate realizing that there probably isn't enough time in one lifespan to knit everything I want to make but oh well, maybe there will be knitting in heaven. I would love to wrap Jesus in my knitting and say, hey thanks for that whole grace thing, it's pretty cool. :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love the idea of knitting in heaven. That's a fun idea. Made me smile.

Debbie T said...

I thought I was the only one that thought that way...that I would have to leave this earth before I got all the knitting I wanted to do accomplished! So yeah, knitting in heaven...I could get excited with that too!!!